Monday, December 3, 2012

Decorating the Kitchen (kinda)

Decisions. Decisions.

It's the little things, right?  So, can I justify writing a post on dish racks?

I have a dishwasher but a lot of things get hand washed.  Like good knives, heavy pots and pans, wooden stuff...

In my opinion I have a pretty sink with pretty counters.

[caption id="attachment_661" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Sink[/caption]

Therefore, I've been going without the ubiquitous sink rack, cuz I just don't like looking at them.  However, I have to admit, I'm kinds sick of pulling the good knives and spatulas out of the bottom of the second sink bay, still wet.  And my big heavy calphalon pans make a horrible noise on the bottom of the sink.  I guess it's time to invest in a sink rack.

Here's what I don't want:



I just don't want to see that.

So shall I get this:



Or this?



I'm leaning towards the latter because at least it will keep utensils off the bottom of the sink, and I won't have to see it at all if there's nothing in the sink. And yes, before you think it or ask it, I really am too lazy to put the sink rack away every time.  That's how I roll.

No comments: