Monday, October 7, 2013

Framed Pine Cones

pinecones, pine cones, crafts with pinecones, craft project
 

Gathering pine cones with the lil man is one of our favorite things to do. We've collected lots of them, so we're always trying to find ways to display them.

Yesterday I found an old frame stuffed tucked away in our Narnia Closet, so I thought I'd pop it in the kitchen window and put some of those pine cones to use. I glued the pine cones to strips of polka dot ribbon, and hung the ribbon from the back side of the frame using thumb tacks.

It's a terribly gloomy day, but here's an iphone pic with another view.

 
 
Now I'm off outside to pick up my porch cuz the wind has blown everything over. I do believe a stormzacomin!

 


11 comments:

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Such a cute and classy nod to fall!

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy!

Anonymous said...

What a cute, creative idea. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love this...cute!

Donna Wilkes said...

Cute and creative use of the pine cones and the frame from Narnia.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by guys! You all have Narnia Closets don't you??? If I'm being totally honest, I have several Narnia closets! Julia

Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life said...

That's a really unique and cute idea for displaying your pinecones. Do you think you could share this post and any other of your great projects over at our link party? Thanks, have a great evening. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-link-party-8/

Elise Engh said...

I love pinecones too... what a fun way to display them!

Rhonda said...

I love what you have done. We are having a party starting at 7pm CST at: http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/10/craft-frenzy-friday-8.html
We would love for you to come and share your creativity!
Thanks, Craft Frenzy Friday

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi, I love it and it is perfect for fall! I love collecting pine cones too! It reminds me of when I was little. You were very creative. I saw it on domestic superhero's party!
Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! I will be joining your parties! julia